Monday, August 3, 2009

Week Three Already?

Greetings everyone! Happy Monday!

I must confess that I have been busy looking for a consulting gig...this earning no money thing has me terrified!

Hopefully I'll be able to find something that will do more than just cover bills and also allow time for all of my ventures.

I have been continuing my research regarding the children's book and have just about finished editing it. I should be able to start sending it off to publishers for their consideration soon. Not sure how I'll afford to copyright it or mail it...but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Our bathroom renovation is almost complete! (Good thing too because we have guests coming this weekend!) The glass tile has all been installed and I picked the grout color yesterday. I have to go get paint today and we'll tackle that tomorrow. Also going to the grocery store today...extremely exciting, I know!

Going to Lollapalooza this weekend. Such a shame about MCA from Beastie Boys. Also, a shame that they schedule great bands at the same time (Depeche Mode and Kings of Leon). Picking the old school choice simply because I can probably see KOL again soon, and because those snotty little hipsters have been all cranky about their success. I'd hate to offend them by only knowing songs off of just two, instead of all four, of their albulms. Note to these brothers: Get a sense of humor and a large helping of humble pie. I'm an oldie that can still afford to come out and see you, you ought to embrace that you have a couple of hits that more than just your stringy-haired, skinny-jean wearing, vampire obsessed girlfriends know.

Jon and Kate return tonight. We'll be tuning in to feel better about our lives and relationship and also to see if Maddie finally goes on a murdeous rampage (this is inevitable, that child is a powder keg with a fishbowl of keepsake matchbooks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment